Five years of making custom bags for events and individuals drives retail demand for golf bags that do not look like every other golf bag in the pro shop
FEB 24, 2021 – MORNING READ
(Ft. Lauderdale, FL) – Five years ago when Deborah and Erica Bennett started to design and build customized golf bags for large corporate tournaments, charities and individuals, they were comfortable in their niche and thrilled with the response they received about their unique products. During those years they were often asked by golfers and passersby if they could buy ORCA golf bags at retail. Starting today, ORCA Golf Bags can now proudly answer, “yes,” as the company launches its first line of golf bags available for individual purchase.
The new line of ORCA bags includes six styles, each with ORCA Golf Bags’ unique styling to separate it from the crowd of mass produced bags. To further underscore the point of ORCA bags being unique, the name of each bag is related to the ORCA narrative. For the Bennetts, the ORCA is symbolic of being strong, powerful and unique, especially in an ocean of so many types of animal. The line is anchored by what Chief Design Officer, Erica Bennett refers to as their signature bag, The Apex, a hybrid cart bag with a “hidden” stand made for the golfer who most often rides, but when practicing likes to occasionally walk and to move about the practice area to work on different parts of his or her game. The concept is new and unique to the ORCA line, thus not offered anywhere else in the US for individual purchase. In addition to The Apex, ORCA is introducing the following bags to its 2021 line:
- ORCA Biggs Tour Staff bag is a full sized premium bag modeled after the traditional PGA TOUR and LPGA staff bag and starting at $595.
- ORCA Mini-Tour Cart bag is a premium bag that is designed for the golfer who chooses to ride and still wants a full-service bag. Retails for $455.
- ORCA Dorsal 1 Stand bag is built for functionality, durability, and an overall efficiency and their lightest daily use carry bag weighing in at only 4.6 lbs. Retails at $355.
- ORCA Dorsal 2 weighs in at only 6.5 lbs. and is has a little more room than the Dorsal 1 with an extra pocket for golf’s necessities. Retails at $355.
- ORCA Calf is a great weekend or after work bag golf bag; small enough for Par 3 courses, walking a quick nine, for use at the practice tees, or when you one only needs a few clubs. Retails at $119.
This new line of ORCA Golf Bags is currently available online and soon to be in green grass locations. All ORCA Golf Bags are made with their reputed craftsmanship and attention to detail. Specific information including weights, colors and pocket configuration can be found on the website. Custom bags for events, corporate outings, clubs and individual personalization can be crafted by visiting www.orca-golf.com.
About Orca Golf Bags and 17 Yards Golf, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale (FL) The ORCA brand represents an ocean of inclusiveness for all golfers and those with an active lifestyle. We design and build stylish, functional golf bags with only the highest quality craftsmanship and pinpoint attention to detail. We create golf bags designed around what real golfers told us they want in a golf bag. It’s that simple. Similar to the ORCA – and like our bags – we are not just another fish in the sea. As the only women/minority owned golf bag company in the United States, we operate with a purpose: to drive inclusiveness and empowerment. The ORCA symbolizes for us a statement about individuality, the respect for oneself and for others. The ORCA is fearless and strong, and though they travel in pods, they prove that you can make all things possible when you work together. ORCA Golf bags is the proud Title Sponsor of The ORCA Golf Bags Women’s Match Play Championship presented by PXG. Visit us at www.orca-golf.com.
Mark D. Berman